Manual Handling Training Melbourne
Our Manual Handling Training is a two-hour training program, tailored to your work requirements and delivered by a specialist Physiotherapist who is a
qualified Occupational Health and Safety workforce trainer.
If manual handling is a requirement in your operation, then you know the risks.
- The majority of workers compensation claims are a result of poor manual handling.
- Work-related injuries and workers compensation claims have longreaching effects.
- You have a personal duty of care to provide a safe workplace.
Why wouldn’t any organisation invest in programs that:
- Reduce injuries
- Improve staff morale and
- Address a portion of your duty of care
Manual Handling PROGRAM OUTLINE:
Assessment, Training & Review.
- Explains what a Safety Mindset means in your workplace.
- Common and best practice Manual
Handling techniques and principles for your environment.
- Reporting protocols for your organisation.
- Warm-up and stretching to suit your employees’ tasks.
- Problem solving approach to Manual Handling that involves your employees‘ input.
- Anatomy and posture coaching to prevent further injury.
- Hazard and Risk Assessment.
Benefits of Manual Handling Training
- Training in Manual Handling Techniques specific to your workplace.
- Awareness of Occupational Health & Safety standards.
- Reduced work-related injuries and workers compensation claims.
- Enhance workers’ perception that their employer cares and builds a team environment.
- Fulfill your duty of care to provide your employees with training.
Work Active at the Australian Sonographers Association conference
In May 2012 Harold Sternfeld attended the Australian Sonographers Association conference were Work Active had a presence presenting a workshop on “Manual Handling - with special emphasis on - Patient Movements, Ergonomics, Hazards and Risks” and had a stand where we launched our range of chairs with left handed height adjustment mechanisms. Click on the images below to enlarge.
If you are interested in running your own Manual Handling Training and Workshops for your organisation, please contact Harold Sternfeld on 0422 369 963.
The level of work related injuries in Australian companies have been rising steadily over the past decade. Despite using the correct safety equipment and clothing, and adhering to health and safety rules, many workers get injured every single day at their work place.
At Work Active we strive to prevent workplace related injuries by tackling the problem from all angles. We believe that most work injuries can be avoided by providing staff with not only the right equipment, but also the right training to inform them how to use it properly. We also offer various services like workplace & corporate Physiotherapy, in-house massage, manual handling training, and office ergonomics training & consulting in order to improve health and safety standards at your place of business. …Readmore
The benefits of our Manual Handling Training & Risk Assessment programs more than outweigh the costs of
the training, so don’t hesitate to call us on 0422 369 963 for a
brief chat on how we may tailor a program to suit your needs.